Yesterdays rain has blown away this morning but it's still grey and cloudy. The down pour didn't let up yesterday until early evening when we had a brief 3 minutes of sun.
Dave definitely had a relaxing day. He read papers and watched TV all day (Nascar racing of course)until he went to the pub with John in the evening. Nancy and I braved the rain and went out for groceries and some ingredient for a trial batch of cakes for Nancylee's wedding cakes. Actually, although it rained all the way it wasn't too bad and the exercises was good.
Later I got the chocolate out that I had brought with me to make some of the decorations for Nancylee's wedding cakes. In the end I gave up as the chocolate was giving me grief. Maybe it was too humid. I also could have done with my big rolling pin.
I cook a full English Sunday dinner during the afternoon. Roast rib of beef, roast potatoes, broccoli, roast carrots parsnips and yams complete with Yorkshire pudding and onion gravy. Nancy put a rice pudding in to cook as the beef cooked. John and Nancylee arrive home from Calgary just in time to eat It all went down well and the rib was really tender.
During the evening Nancylee drove Nancy and I over to East Vancouver to her dress fitting. She now need just a small extra adjustment to it. It's really beautiful, but I won't describe it now.
Back to day. I think we're going to be busy with stuff to do with the wedding. I need to do a trial run, baking a few cakes to see how Nancy's oven works for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment