Monday, October 1, 2007

Hey the suns shining

It's nearly 4pm and the suns finally decided to shine. I have a batch of little chocolate cakes in the oven. The mixture seemed slacker and sweeter than when I did the recipe at home. I can smell them cooking so I'll soon be able to sample them!!!. Not too many of course or I won't get my posh frock on for the wedding. I hope I don't have to adjust the recipe. We'll soon see.


We had a busy morning running around Richmond with Nancylee to get last minute stuff sorted for the big day. Our first stop was at the Super Store and it's name is totally correct. It sure makes our stores look puny! It's a food and grocery store a electrical goods store, a clothes store and I'm not sure what else.

The Super Store Deli counters

This store's an awesome size!

After 'Super Store' we went to Galloways to get ingredients for the cakes. The car boot is now full so we need to head home to empty it. Nancy and I stayed home and Dave and Nancylee head off to Ikea and Home Depot for more wedding stuff!

Well the cakes are out the oven. They look OK. A tasting session as soon as they're cooled I think

I'm not happy with the taste of this batch. Back to baking again and other batch with an adjusted recipe then the 'happy couple' can decide which batch to go with.


No comments: