Tuesday, October 16, 2007

and a wetter Tuesday!

Lovely blue flowers for a dismal blue day.

There was some heavy rain overnight but a sunny break in the weather this morning allowed me to take a walk down to Seafair, a small shopping mall a block further down Francis Road. Nancy had gone for her usual walk down to the 'Dyke' and we met up at Seafair and walked back. I wasn't going to have a walk but decided I ought to after Nancy went. I'm missing my daily swim. The wind is cold and some heavy threatening clouds turned wet again not long after we got back.

We went to lunch with Margaret and Mrs Chen again at a restaurant near Richmond center called Shanghai River. This restaurant serves Northern style Dim Sum. The food from Northern China is totally different from the food from Southern China. I'm not sure I Can explain the difference except for the southern food is generally lighter in colour and spicier. It has more fish and meat and much of the food is steamed. The Northern food is darker with more sauces. . The dishes are braised and stewed more and they use hardly any fish and much less meat.

After lunch we drive to a small Mall along No. 3 Road. Dave is sent off to browse a large book store called Charters. Nancy and Margaret shop at a Chinese supermarket. I scout around Pennington a clothes store for larger women. I eventually buy three pair of pants (trousers to you!) and another shirt. I must stop buying clothes before I have to much weight for the cases!!!

Nancylee calls at about 5.15pm. They're about three hours drive away from Richmond and want to come here for super so we hurriedly reorganise our simple supper menu.

The new knitting is causing me some headaches. The pattern's actually simple but it has four rows to the pattern and If you put the knitting down you must know which row to start back on or the pattern gets messed up.

No comments: