Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rainy Sunday 7am!

I am having such a problem adjusting my bio clock to respond to Canadian time. I never had this problem last time. I've been awake since before 5am finally deciding to get up at 6.am. After an hour snuggled in my black Velvet, scarlet lined dressing gown, and curled in my reclining armchair reading Harry Potter I get fed up with him already. This books taking a bit of 'getting in to'.
Nancy's two outsize moggies, Sam and Toby, are awake and we share and a few frantic minutes playing with their toys.

Sam and Toby In 'my' chair. OK maybe it's theirs.


The ashes of last night fire look pathatic in the fire place. Outside the rain continues to pour down. and the sky is struggling to find any daylight.

Nancylee should be on her flight to Calgary by now. John flew out yesterday. He is getting a litery award from Calgary's 'Word On The Street' festival today. They both fly back tonight and will be here for a roast beef dinner this evening.

'Word on the Streeeet' is a book and magazine festival held in five major cities across Canada. In Vancouver it's in the city library and the surrounding streets. Nancy won an award here three years ago but she was in England with us when the event was held. Two years ago we went to the festival and it was a beautiful warm sunny day. I'm afraid today the event here will be much damper

John and Nancy at Word on the street Vancouver 2005

No comments: