Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thurday Oct 4th

Well we've been here a week today. Help where's the time gone? Had a quiet morning I got up really early, I couldn't sleep so decided to see if I could do something about the chocolate. I melted a
batch of the modelling chocolate and added more chocolate to it then kneaded it well as it cooled. It was easier to work with but I was still not very happy with it. The whole batch is not made correctly. I think I'll take it home and send it back to Squires Kitchen and complain. At least I managed to get enough cut out what I needed.





Nancy continues with topping off the pots of strawberry jam. I help her when I finish all I can do with the chocolate at this moment. That's one job completed as we finished the 100 jars.
Dim Sum for lunch at Gingeri in the Lansdown Mall with Nancylee, John, Margaret (Nancy's sister) and Mrs Chen , (Nancy's and Margaret's mother.) Margaret's daughter Allison joined us a little later. I love Dim Sum . I've even got to like chickens feet or claws as they're called in the UK. After lunch we have a wander around the Mall before returning home.
The weather is cold but dry. Some sun but allot of heavy threatening dark clouds. The weather forecast doesn't bode good for the wedding

No comments: