Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Meat Draw

Another busy day! Nancy managed to refined the decoration of Nancylee's favors and got into a rhythms. She managed to complete four boxes this morning. I tackled the chocolate hearts again. Used a small pack of chocolate that worked perfectly. The Kilo pack is a nightmare to work with. There's tiny lumps of chocolate in the modeling paste which should be smooth to work with and it's too sticky. It must be a faulty batch so now I have to work out how to fix it. I haven't much time to sort it. I think I'll melt a small batch and mix some more solid chocolate in it. Hopefully that ought to make it more workable.

This afternoon Nancy's friend Betty came to take us to the British Legion club in Vancouver. We stay from 4pm to 6.30 pm Betty's partner Red joined us. They were having Meat draws this afternoon. Meat draws are very popular in the Legion club around Vancouver. In Britain many of the British Legion clubs have closed but they thrive here. Dave won a very large ham in one of the draws and Betty won $400. She wins all the time and is always lucky.








We decided to have dinner at Earls in the Lansdown Center in Richmond. Betty chats away constantly and the evening whiles away very pleasantly.

No comments: