Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday turns wet!

Well I finished the hat last night. I'm not sure Rebecca will like it though even though it's her pattern. I've got some wool at home that would be more to her taste. It's charcoal with very small flex of colours. Shame I never brought it with me! If you read this Becs maybe you can let me know?












We take advantage of the dry morning and head off down to Steveston by bus. There's a couple of nice wool shops in the village. The first one is not open until 12 midday so we go to the second one. I find a nice pattern and some wool. So now I have a new project. Cute isn't it!

We leave Dave to wander around one of his favourite type of shop, the Hardware store and we browse some of the other shops. I buy some bars of pure vegetable soap with shea butter they smell so delicious I couldn't resist them

Allot of the shops and businesses in Steveston are owned by the Japanese descendants of the Japanese Cannery workers in the beginning of the twentieth century.

I smell fish and chips and it's lunch time so I vote for Pa Jo's a fish and chips the floating restaurant in the harbour. They're so good, the best fish and chips in the Province and just as good as home. Well better really. The batter is a tempura batter and so light and crisp.

The rain starts when we are having lunch, just a light drizzle but we decide to head home and just as well as a parcel I had ordered before we left the UK arrived. I'll tell you what it was another day after Nancy Lee comes home

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well. nan. actually, i quite like that. how long did it take you to knit?
by the way. i'm a blondish colour now. no more dark/ nearly black hair.
becky. x