Friday, October 26, 2007

The Forgoten Big Horned Sheep

Today is Friday I can't believe we've been here four weeks already! This mornings dawned bright clear and frosty. Should be a good day for whale watching, hopefully. Looking back at my photos I realised I haven't told you about our other animal encounters on the Rockies trip.
Well, apart from Elk or Wapiti as the Haida call them and the Black Bear which was the real highlight of the whole trip, there was this Bighorn Sheep we encountered taking a stroll quite unconcerned along the highway. They're much larger than our domesticated sheep.



We saw Mountain goat just hanging on the steep slopes, a wolf in the distance foraging on the Dry lake. Dave saw him twice. Several Bald Eagles and this cheeky Raven posing on a rock in Johnson canyon.

Hopefully later today I'll be able to tell you about the whales.




No comments: