Up with the lark this morning. Canada beckons. Coffee, breakfast, shower, Last minute items stowed in the luggage just In time for Chauffeur, Sean’s arrival. The journey to Heathrow was uneventful. Built in 'road delay' time in our schedule work and sail we through the journey!
So, one and all, welcome back to the Canadian Blog 2011. As I write this, not online of course we are just going over Greenland, all ice, snow and rugged peaks. Not much else, but passengers are craning to see out of the porthole windows snapping away with their cameras. I know from experience they won’t have any interesting photos! There’s no clouds to impede the view below and brilliant sunshine streams into the cabin. Thankfully The volcano in Iceland remained quiet and we sailed over unimpeded ans ash free.
The recycles air in the cabin is smelly with the chemical air freshener that’s added . We have twin seats at the back of the plane. Good not to be 'piggy in the middle' of three seats but bad as a stream of passengers squeeze past to the toilet block, but then good as you can see a quite spell to dart in yourself.
The nine hour flight was as usual tedious and tiring. Two BA meals, small but adequate, Read one of' Himself's' collection of newspapers picked up from the airport. Read my kindle and watched the most awful film I could have picked from the inflight entertainment system. ( if you ever think of watching the new version of Gulliver, don't bother) I can't believe I didn't click the off button until the film was nearly over!
Landing in bright sunshine and not the predicted rain shower we decamped from the ancient 747 into Vancouver's bright 'ethnically' renovated airport. Why do Airports and Hospital have such long routes to march through? Anyway, we reached the queues for Passport control and were directed the wrong way by an Airport employee who assumed I needed assistance. (well, I was limping badly with a bruised and throbbing toe and a stiff knee and using my trusty ‘dusted of’ walking stick. A friendly Passport Control officer seeing our dilemma beckoned us over and stamped our documents. I was invited to climb on-board one of the airports assistance buggies and ferried down to the exit and greeting areas where I waited for what seemed an age for 'Himself' to claim the luggage off the baggage carousel.
Finally, we had arrived to big hugs of welcome back. Nancy was waiting to greet us with Nancylee and John.

No comments:
Post a Comment