Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Monday Blues

Monday June 27th.

Well first day back on dry land has been restful except for tackling the mountain of washing we brought home. Maybe I should have taken advantage of the ships laundry service but I was too tight to pay for it!!! Actually, it's not really too much effort to pack it in these America style over sized washing machines then transferred it all to a similar size tumble drier. Two loads and its all done. Folding and putting it all away takes more time.

Nancy's still unwell. Her sinus pain has developed into a cold and she keeps getting terribly dizzy. My feet and ankles are still like balloons. Thankfully I seem to have gained the upper hand with the allergy. Still can't work out what caused it but I suspect it may have just been prickly heat. Haven't had that for a long time now as I keep out of the sun as much as I can.

Nancylee came and took Dave and I out to get a few groceries and local strawberries. The strawberry farm is in Richmond way down a narrow country road and along a long, dry, dusty, bumpy track. On the way back we spotted a stall belonging to the same farmer on the edge of farm land almost opposite the entrance to their road. The stall is new this year and as the strawberries are late and we had been away we hadn't spotted it before.


No comments: