Monday June 6th.
Not a great deal to report The chauffeurs, aka Nancylee or John have a busy day today, so I decided we didn't need to rush off anywhere. The smashed toe needs resting after Sundays exertion. It is, very slowly, improving but just a small tweak in the wrong direction sends spasms of pain up my still, post flight, swollen leg. Oh dear, most people stub a toe, swear, dance around a bit and that's it. Me, nothing so simple, I have to have a drama that inconveniences everyone around.
It's warm and sunny this morning so Nancy and I ambled around the corner to the Complexes Community house leaving 'Himself' reading the papers. The outdoor swimming pool was the attraction. It looked inviting. I changed into my new cossy and dip my toe in the water. So use to the icy, early season, temperatures of the Lido in Peterborough that the positively tropical barmy water took me by surprise. I had a lovely swim in the sunshine lit water, surrounded birch trees, maples and firs that shelter the area.The garden surrounding the pool is studded with loungers and tables.Nancy settles on one with a book while I swim. It was good to be back in water to be able to exercise stiff joints.
After a light lunch Dave donned his cycle helmet and rucksack, packed with binoculars and a water bottle, and set off to explore. Nancy and I relaxed, reading, knitting, chatting and giggling until it was time to start the evening meal. Roast rib of beef with Yorkshire Puds and so good it was too. Dave arrived back just before Nancylee and John and the roast was soon demolished.
Not a great deal to report The chauffeurs, aka Nancylee or John have a busy day today, so I decided we didn't need to rush off anywhere. The smashed toe needs resting after Sundays exertion. It is, very slowly, improving but just a small tweak in the wrong direction sends spasms of pain up my still, post flight, swollen leg. Oh dear, most people stub a toe, swear, dance around a bit and that's it. Me, nothing so simple, I have to have a drama that inconveniences everyone around.
It's warm and sunny this morning so Nancy and I ambled around the corner to the Complexes Community house leaving 'Himself' reading the papers. The outdoor swimming pool was the attraction. It looked inviting. I changed into my new cossy and dip my toe in the water. So use to the icy, early season, temperatures of the Lido in Peterborough that the positively tropical barmy water took me by surprise. I had a lovely swim in the sunshine lit water, surrounded birch trees, maples and firs that shelter the area.The garden surrounding the pool is studded with loungers and tables.Nancy settles on one with a book while I swim. It was good to be back in water to be able to exercise stiff joints.
After a light lunch Dave donned his cycle helmet and rucksack, packed with binoculars and a water bottle, and set off to explore. Nancy and I relaxed, reading, knitting, chatting and giggling until it was time to start the evening meal. Roast rib of beef with Yorkshire Puds and so good it was too. Dave arrived back just before Nancylee and John and the roast was soon demolished.
No comments:
Post a Comment