Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy New Year


Gung Hai fat Choi.

or

'Congratulation on your good Fortunes' the literal translation.

or

Happy New Year, as it's come to symbolise.


Oh, and there's numerous spellings of the phonetic translation.


Its now the year of the Ox.

This is my last post from Vancouver for 2008/9. I've had a great time as usual. Despite the snow. Quite a different but just as enjoyable Christmas and New Year. More restful this trip which is what I needed. Too much eating as usual though. Shame Dave had to go home early though. Thanks Nancy, Nancylee and John you've been great hosts as usual. I hope to see Nancy in England later this year or early next year!
I'm exhausted from struggling to pack every thing in the suitcases. Nancylee arrived thankfully with two vacuum bags and helped squeeze it all in and weigh them. A pox on the BA for reducing the weight limit! I knew I shouldn't have bought that extra yarn yesterday!!!


See you back in Blighty on Ramblings from the Fens

No comments: