Awake again this morning far too early. I turn over and instruct my brain to return to the land of sleep. No Good. Once awake my brain starts to function so dropping off to sleep again becomes impossible. Besides the aging joints and muscles realise they've been still too long and demand to be moved about.
At our bedroom door Sam hears me moving about and begins to demand food. He rubs round my ankles as I come out to go down to find the coffee pot. Down stairs Toby looks expectantly at me from his comfy position in my chair. They follow me into the kitchen and stand at their bowls meowing quietly. I know what they're saying.’ never mind your coffee we're the most important people here , so feed us' I obey and return to the coffee after flicking the switch to waken the nifty little notebook I'm using while I'm a pretend Canadian.
So, back to yesterday. The weather? Well, easy to describe, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN. All blooming day. Still, being without rain for so long at home it didn't seem to matter. Everywhere here is so lush and green. The morning, we take at a relaxed pace. 'Himself found the Nascar racing on the Telly and amused himself watching the cars buzzing around the circuit. I went back to Rosamund Pilcher on my Kindle.
A little later Nancylee and John arrive with a cycle, lock and helmet. ‘Himselfs’ request’ thank you Sally’s, sons, friend, who abandoned it three years ago!!! The helmet was initial rejected my ‘Himself’ but was informed that it was now required by Law. Himself is delighted with the bike. He will now have some freedom to abandon us girls to our chat and crafts!
We all squeeze into John’s car. There is some good from being a tad over weight (I write with tongue in cheek!) and with a gammy knee and a duff toe. I get to sit in the roomy front passenger seat. Nancy, Nancylee and Dave have the usual utching and twisting to find and fasten the seat belts while John and I sit patiently waiting for the backseat ballet to cease!
Through the rain to downtown Richmond to a restaurant called Jade for Dim Sum. Despite being early for lunch the restaurant is packed and noisy. We’re settled at a table by a waiter who knows Nancy well. I struggle to make my fingers accept chopsticks. They haven’t needed to use these eating implements for a while now and are sorely out of practice. Dave as usual finds a fork!
After lunch we head for Richmond Mall and stroll around, spotting the changes made in the Mall over the last two years. Oh No! One of my favourite shops, called Cotton Jinny went bankrupt. I always could find cloths I liked from that shop. I’ll have to have a stop at Pennington in Number 3 road soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment