Ok this is the very last post from Canada this visit. This morning was very cold with a hoar frost. Nancylee came early and was I glad to see her. I've bought tooooo many clothes!!!! We packed, weighed, unpacked, reweighed and packed again before we got it all in and zipped up. Hope the zips hold cos those cases are sure full. If we come again I'm bringing those really big cases no matter what.
I can't get the canvas frame I made at the workshop in the case so Nancylee can have it to go with her easel. We head out towards Vancouver for one last visit to Granville Island. After driving around twice to find a free parking spot we find the Kroma Paint shop. Here acrylic paints are mixed and packaged. I get some gesso and acrylic gel. I bought Nancylee a starter pack of acrylic paints so Nancy I expect to see a piece of art work hanging on your wall when I come back to Canada.
We decide to go to the Sand Bar once more for lunch then to Granville market to get fancy cakes for tea. The cakes behind the glass at the cake stall look so tempting I'm sure you can put weight on just looking at them. If so I must have put on 6 lbs! Back to Opus to pick up the frames we ordered the other day and I find two pots of texture gel for acrylic painting. I've got a set of three painting started at home and they are just what I need.
Back at Nancy's again the neighbours have put up their Christmas lights. Very colourful they are too, if a tad OTT by English standards!
Well the plane leaves in 3 hours to take me back home to England. So a BIG BIG thank you to all in Canada who made our trip special. I'll miss you guys. See I'm almost Canadian!

No comments:
Post a Comment