Friday, November 9, 2007

A Frenzie of Packing

The flights Delayed but Dave goes home.
Nancylee and Dave took that trip to Home Depot at last and Dave got some bits to take home. I do some last minute washing for him and pack the cases. Nancylee found out on the BA website that you could still have one case that weights up to 32 kgs. Whooo and did we need that! When you buy that good idea and think well that doesn't weight much those good idea things soon add up to some heavy load in six weeks! Good job we decided to take one of the big cases.

Nancy and I are picked up by John and we meet Nancylee and Dave at Feenies Restaurant in Kitsalana. This is one of the best restaurants in Vancouver or should I say was. We head two days ago that Rob Feenie one of Canada's celebrity TV Chefs had cut his ties with the restaurant and when I was looking through the BC restaurant guide website I clicked on Feenies reviews and there were some negative ones. Nancy and Dave had the Feenies Burger that claims to be the best burger in Canada. Strangely the rest of us decided to have the duck and chicken breast clubhouse sandwich. That was good and very tasty but the salad bowl with it was not . The lettuce was limp and beginning to wilt badly. The waitress came over to see if we were all OK and I said about the green leaves. By this time Nancylee and John were finding these slightly rotting leaves as well. The waitress was horrified and took them away and brought us fresh and said we would get complimentary desserts. The second salad bowl wasn't much better though. The desserts were fabulous though and the bill was only for two main courses and our coffees not five meals.

After lunch John had to dash off to his Basket ball coaching. He coaches some lads at an exclusive private school in Vancouver three days a week. The rest of us head off to Best Buy a big electrical goods store in Vancouver. Dave had wanted to get himself a Nano but instead he decided on a bluetooth Samaung MP3 player. Back home I managed to change it and put some music on it before he left.

Suit cases packed to the limits and weighed we take them to the airport and check them in. Actually both are a little overweight and I get a hefty dig in the ribs as I remarked on it. luckily the girl at the counter didn't bother and checked them through. We find out the flight will be delayed though and departure would not be until 10 pm not 8.30 pm.

After an filling evening meal of soup, salad and cold cuts we eventually see Dave safely off at the airport.

No comments: