Friday, November 16, 2007

Pancakes and Spaghetti

Thursday November 15th
Nancylee called early in the morning to tell us not to have breakfast. Oh dear too late I had mine early. Shes coming around 10 to take us out for a Pancake breakfast. Oh well my cereal and banana will be well digested by then! Who can resist pancakes?
Suitably stuffed with a double breakfast we stop by Penningtons to see if my silver earring had been found. Well that was my excuse. Had to have another poke around the store. They have new stock in. Got another couple of tee shirts! Can't go to that part of town without going into Chapters. Dave's favourite book store. The magazines he wants are not in yet so another excuse to go back.
The rest of the day we spent quietly at home. Nancy went for an afternoon nap. She's still feeling very tired.
Nancylee and John came back to collect us around 6pm and we drive off in the rain to eat. The 'Old Spaghetti Factory' is a favourite eating place of Nancylees and it's opposite the Multiplex cinema. The foods pasta of course and really good. Lots of families there.Out in the parking lot I find a novel way of Parking cars!!! These Canadians are sure a strange lot. Fancy leaving the lights on as well!!!!!
The cinema wasn't very busy and several good films are showing. I thought we need a good laugh so we went to see 'Fred Claus' and it was a good laugh.

There's a film that Premiers on my birthday next month that I really would like to see. I hope it's shown in England at the same time. It's 'The Golden Compass' a film taken from Phillip Pullmans book 'His Dark Materials' I bought the trilogy set for Nancy's birthday a couple of years ago and read it when we were here in 05 I really enjoyed it even though it's for teenagers!

No comments: