Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another Foggy Day

Last night we descended on Steveston Community Centre again for the fortnightly Knitting Circle group. Driving to the group two weeks ago we were fighting with the snow, last night it was the fog. Everyone you speak to is really fed up with this fog.
The knitting group is informal friendly and super noisy! They help each other out with patterns, yarn, all type of stitch problems. Last night Pat brought in a wool winder she had made up from plastic coat hangers, pegs, (there called clothes pins here) a square cardboard box and a lazy Susan. Ingenious, if somewhat Heath Robinson! It caused some comments though. Another member brought in her knitting machine, it was quite an old one buy she did a quick demo on it's capabilities and every one was amazed at the speed and the quality of the swatch she did.
I looked at the stash of yarn I've bought since I've been here. Help! such allot! It's has all been bought on sale or at a discount though. There are so many more outlets just for yarn here and the choices of different yarn is mind boggling. I must have enough to last a couple of years! A good job it's light and will compress to go in my luggage!

At nine o'clock we packed up and shot off to the pub to meet up with John and Bob. Sally was with us. We were going to Peppys but it wasnt open on Monday evening so the Buck and Ear it was once more. We chatted and tucked into nachos, ribs and wings, and before we knew it it was gone 11 time for home.




Sally had spent the week in Eugene in the States on a workshop with and artist called Bob Burrridge. It sounded as if she had a fascinating if some what tiring week. I'm quite jealous. She took loads of photos and his work is fabulous. We spent some time chatting about her week. I looked at his web site and I would have loved to have been able to do one of his workshops.


It's still foggy but were off to find some SUN tomorrow. Where? I'll tell you later.

No comments: