Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dim Sum and More Wool!

Nancy and Margaret had to escort their Mom to a doctors appointment in the morning and we all met up at Empire Seafood Restaurant for dim sum. Its a busy place and full of Chinese people. That's how you know it's a good place to eat! This is where the family are gathering for dinner on Chinese New Years eve on the 25th January. It'll be a big occasion.

I love these humongous sparkly chandeliers.

Nancylee and Tiffany.

Mrs Chen, Margaret, Nancy and me.
After lunch and a quick grocery trip to Costco we go to Steveston. Mary's British Home Store is well patronised and is full of produce from Britain. Ouch, the prices hurt though. I'd sooner buy local than buy goods at these prices. Allot of people seem prepared to do so though!
The knitting stores were next on the agenda. Wool and Wicker has doubled in size since I was here last year. It's yarn organisation hasn't improved though. The yarn is so untidily stacked in little cube boxes. I found some gorgeous silk Norro yarn but there was only one ball of the colour I wanted. We went off empty handed to the Yarn and Craft shop where sock wool is on sale. This tempted us and we came out with purchases. A cappachino and Nanimo bar later from the Steveston Coffee Company we headed to Heringers Quality Meats for some tasty lamb leg steaks for dinner.

No comments: