Later New Years Day.
I just thought I update you on some of the barmy things the Vancouverites get up to.
This morning 1500 of them gathered on the beach on English Bay for the 89th annual Polar Bear Swim. Crazy people in crazy costumes! The water temperature was a low 6 degrees. Photos in the link! Er........ no we didn't go. We stayed in bed!
I just thought I update you on some of the barmy things the Vancouverites get up to.
This morning 1500 of them gathered on the beach on English Bay for the 89th annual Polar Bear Swim. Crazy people in crazy costumes! The water temperature was a low 6 degrees. Photos in the link! Er........ no we didn't go. We stayed in bed!
This photo is from the Penguin Plunge in Deep Cove along the Burrard Inlet. A smaller event of equally crazy people. ..........and On a More Serious Note.
There are avalanche warnings for the whole of BC at the moment. Today there have been a series slides at Whistler with one fatality.
Yesterday a snowboarder missing for three nights was actually found alive.
On the 29th 8 snowmobilers were caught in a series of avalanches at Fernie and died.
No comments:
Post a Comment