Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day One Tuesday December 9th

Despite being so tired after the long flight I spent a restless night and was up far too early. My moving about caused Sam to get up and be his usual vocal self! He reminds me of the plant in the' Little Shop of Horrors' Meowing FEED ME! I feed him, Obviously not the food he wanted. His loud complaining soon brings Toby down. 
Not being able to write this blog right away as this trip I've only brought my little Nexus. It would be a tad tedious writing from that so I surfed the British news and Facebook. Soon Nancy was up followed shortly by Dave. Sam and Toby still rule! Both cats are getting well into their geriatric age and have conditions that goes with their aging. 
Later in the morning Nancy Lee arrived first so Dave could be introduced to Rudy, her young Welsh corgi who is at the 'toddler' stage where he's unsure of anyone new. After John arrived we all go out to lunch  to the Jade restaurant for a DimSum  followed by a wander around the Landsdown Mall. 
The weather that had been so wet first thing has decided to defy the weather forecasters and has become mild and sunny. It was really a quite pleasant afternoon and  I was quite pleased I had shed my light weight ancient rain jacket for a simple cardigan.
Jet lag sets in! so we return home for an afternoon cup of tea with carrot cake. Nancy Lee opens the Guest account on Nancy's iMac before catching both cats for a trip to the vets. I soon realise it's a much older iMac than mine back in Blighty. Oh dear, no SD card slot so photos on the camera can't be transferred. I hadn't brought the camera cable, I never use it at home. Bluetooth!  We'll connect my Nexus to the iMac by bluetooth. That way any photos on the Nexus can be used. But no, the iMac and the Nexus can find each other but the obiviously don't like each other!!! Like two warring Countried they will not exchange information. What to do? OK we'll try Drop box. After a slow download and set up I soon got drop box working, hence the photos in the previous blog. One promlem solved now the camera, Nancy Lee has a card reader at hers so she's going to dig it out and connect to the iMac so hopefully all will soon be working smoothly and we will have a fully functioning blog! 

No comments: