Yesterday was a calm day and yes, the rain has blown away and it turned out a lovely sunny day. I must admit I didn't take advantage of the sun as I probably should have. I decided to have a rest day with my feet up. Walking had so far done nothing to get my water logged ankles back to normal. They feel as if they're clamped in a pair of tight boots. Most annoying! So I decide to have restful knitting day with Nancy, she's really tired, her sleep has been disturbed by a furious and hungry Sam.
During the night there had been a furious gale. I didn't hear any of the height of the gale as I managed, miraculously to sleep through it. Nancy's home is in quite a sheltered position in a condominium complex in Richmond. Nancy L. and John said their home, right on the Dyke (thats the Sea Wall) shook a few times and the sea swept right up to the edge of the dyke walk. If it ever came over there's a second dyke with pumps to remove the water. There's lots of damage around the State with rock falls, mud slides and uprooted trees causing havoc to the morning commute. It looks now as if the weather patterns of the last few days has shifted to a calmer one. Well, we hope so any way.
Dave went off with Nancy L. to do some grocery shopping. Well, window shopping in his case! His verdict the Richmond Mall has changed quite a bit since 2011 but Steveston, the expanding Fishing village on the Frazer River estuary hadn't. I'm sure I'll find out sometime next week.
My yarn purchases from the previous day have all been wound from their skeins into neat balls and added to from Nancy L's rather large stash. I was knitting a scarf/shawl. After several earlier rip outs and yarn changes I had completed the body of the scarf and started on the lace boarder pattern. I'm was becoming increasingly unhappy with how it was turning out but persevered to the second set of the lace pattern. No, I eventually decided this just wasn't working for me. So a whole weeks worth of knitting was ripped out and the yarn wound back into balls and stored away. It'll eventually become something else sometime. I contented myself with completing a beautiful soft cable and lace scarf that Nancy L. had started and stored away unfinished.

No comments:
Post a Comment