Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Catch Up


Oh dear it's some time now since my last post but I have posted updates on Facebook so I don't feel too guilty. So where did I finish, Ah the Lantern Festival. The following day, the 23rd we spent quietly at home here. I put up a few festive decorations and we completed the present wrapping and packing. 
The weather alternated from cloudy and dull to bright and sunny but it's not too cold yet. 
The Homes in Nancy's complex are alight with colourful twinkling decorated homes. The vibrant lights of all shapes and colours decorate the exterior of almost every house. Snowman, Santas, reindeer and sledges look sad and deflated in the daylight but  become blown up, fat and colourful when the lights come on. There's a competition in the Complex for the best decorated home. It amazes me how people have the energy and will to put up these complex lighting effects on the most inexcessible parts of their housed. The main road way system from Richmond into Vancouver, close to the Richmond Centre has every tree and shrub along the route decorated with lights. It look very pretty and not to gaudy. The televisions full of festive stuff and cheesy American Christmas movies. We watch how to cook festive  foods and gift wrap awkward parcels 

No comments: