Thursday June 30th.
Nancy's so much better this morning and up with the larks. OK, well, the cats then! Well before me. The cats, Sam and Toby, demand their breakfast early and I'm usually up to feed them. 'Himself sleeps in after his 'Boys' night out. I know Nancy's better as she's bullying me as soon as I've finished breakfast to get my swimming togs. I eventually give in and we amble round the corner to the pool. The sun's slowly squeezing through the high clouds and yesterdays 'gales' have dampened down to a very gentle breeze. Promises to be a pleasent day.
The pool water is so calm when we arrive. I have it all to my self again and I don't even raise a grimace when I plunge in . It's so warm. Nancy settles herself on on of the sun loungers and snoozes. She refuses to take up this easy exercise that's right on her doorstep. This is the first swim since before the cruise so I take it easy and just pootle up and down for today. Back home Himself has surfaced.
After a light salad lunch Nancylee takes us into Richmond Center to exchange one of the 'posh' cruise jackets we bought for 'Himself'. Well , its a smart blazer really. and they were ,bogofs'. We got two the same size but different colours. Dressing for one of the formal nights on the cruise we discovered that one jacket, although the same make and the same size label, The jacket was definitely not the same size. At the store Himself has to put the jacket on to demonstrate what the problem was and we came out the store with another well fitting jacket. Not sure if we will get them both home when we come to pack! One may have to be left here.
Nancy's so much better this morning and up with the larks. OK, well, the cats then! Well before me. The cats, Sam and Toby, demand their breakfast early and I'm usually up to feed them. 'Himself sleeps in after his 'Boys' night out. I know Nancy's better as she's bullying me as soon as I've finished breakfast to get my swimming togs. I eventually give in and we amble round the corner to the pool. The sun's slowly squeezing through the high clouds and yesterdays 'gales' have dampened down to a very gentle breeze. Promises to be a pleasent day.
The pool water is so calm when we arrive. I have it all to my self again and I don't even raise a grimace when I plunge in . It's so warm. Nancy settles herself on on of the sun loungers and snoozes. She refuses to take up this easy exercise that's right on her doorstep. This is the first swim since before the cruise so I take it easy and just pootle up and down for today. Back home Himself has surfaced.
After a light salad lunch Nancylee takes us into Richmond Center to exchange one of the 'posh' cruise jackets we bought for 'Himself'. Well , its a smart blazer really. and they were ,bogofs'. We got two the same size but different colours. Dressing for one of the formal nights on the cruise we discovered that one jacket, although the same make and the same size label, The jacket was definitely not the same size. At the store Himself has to put the jacket on to demonstrate what the problem was and we came out the store with another well fitting jacket. Not sure if we will get them both home when we come to pack! One may have to be left here.
Later that evening Nancylee and John fetch a Greek feast she ordered as a take out from 'Kissimo's' in Steveston. It's the best Greek food around and the restaurant is always packed out with people waiting for a table. The problem with takeouts like this is you tend to keep picking at the goodies in front of you. Inevitably, I end up stuffed and wish I wasn't. There's still masses of left overs. The portions are so generous.
No comments:
Post a Comment