Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th at Lansdowne

Monday July 4th American Independence Day.

Another beautiful warm sunny day. I swam until disturbed by kids invading my space. How dare they! and why weren't at school? Still, it was time to evacuate and anyway I'd managed a much more rigorous workout  this morning.  

John was able to collect us this lunch time so we went to the Lansdowne Mall in Richmond. We were going for a Mongolian HotPot lunch but decided the day  was too warm. Earls restaurant looked far more inviting today, especially outside on the terrace under a sun umbrella. Food at Earls is a truly Canadian affair.
I had a -
Champagne Berry and Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken seasonal berries, avocado, goat cheese, red onions, toasted almonds, baby spinach, champagne vinaigrette, grilled chicken.
Dave had-
The Naples Margherita fresh mozzarella, parmesan, San Marzano tomato sauce,
basil and extra virgin olive oil, hand tossed thin crust

.........and very good it all was.

After lunch we needed to go into the Mall for groceries and vegetable, plus a pair of pliers. (I'll tell you later!) On the way we were waylayed by Purdies, BC's answer to the British, Thornton chocolates. Nancy's sister, Margaret, was on duty so of course we had to stop and say Hi......  
..........She tempted the boys with their yummie icecreams. They both succumbed Dave had a Raspberry Swirl in a cone and John managed a chock ice on a stick and double dipped in sprinkles.

Nancy is determined that I shouldn't shed any weight on this vacation. I have to try, The cruise food was a delicious nightmare and and with my swollen feet I desperately need to watch what I'm eating. By being a little careful I've managed to reduce my feet's size to almost normal and loose some pounds. Nancy sneaked in Anna's Cake Shop and bought these Irresistible Chinese Custard tarts. We both love them. So far I've not succumbed but it's really difficult!.
........and the pliers. 'Himself' needed them to repair the insect screen that was damaged when Nancy's home was attacked by a potential burglar. Luckily he didn't get further than the fly screen.


The  screen was more damaged than we first thought, though some of the damage is possibly just wear and tear. Anyway some more parts need to be replaced but at least the burglars damage has been rectified.


No comments: