Sunday July 3rd
When I emerge from the pool changing room this morning, ready for my morning plunge, Nancy and the Lady who looking after the Community center are discussing Skunks. Apparently there’s one lurking about the complex. I’ve never seen one of these elusive creatures and I certainly have no wish to upset one!
The pool water is an balmy, inviting 30 degrees this morning. The trees surrounding the area shade it from the worst of the cooling winds. Then a few days of sun and a thermal cover overnight works wonders on the temperature of the water. The surface is flat calm and sparkling in the sunshine. Very few bugs have committed hari-kari to spoil the water, just a sprinkling of debris from the closest fir trees. The only sound this morning comes from the leaves of the birch trees rustling in the gentle breeze. The noisy, cawing, black crows are silent for some reason this morning. I see the odd dragonfly and damsel fly drifting over on the breeze and an occasional flash of yellow from the wings of a Monarch butterfly darting from trees to tree. The warmth of the sun and the water make me a little lazy this morning. It’s hard to work myself up to do a proper workout swim. I should, I know, to work off the effects of last night’s barbecue feast.
Starting this morning and all this week Nancylee is hosting a conference at the University so we will not have our chauffeur all week. I’m sure we can amuse ourselves though. We ladies opt for a lazy day but ‘Himself’ gets togged up in the afternoon and unleashes the bike. He took a long ride out to ‘the Dyke’ and on to River road to the nature Reserve. He always forgets the camera. Annoying, especially when he was watching and eagle perched in a close by tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment