Monday, December 15, 2008

Later

Well I got my warm new coat this morning. It didn't take long to choose as I had seen the coats a few days ago but had decided I'd be OK with the coats I brought with me.Nearly all shops have sales here but with greater discounts than in the UK. So, it was a really good buy. The 'credit crunch' is just as much news here as in the UK . I walked out of the shop wearing the coat so I've been lovely and cosy today despite the freezing temperatures.
With the bright winter sun low in the sky, the snow was really bright and glaringly white. The air was so clear and fresh. The mountains were in full view today, not shrouded in cloud. They now have a good covering of snow and the ski runs show up clearly
We went on to the Manderville Garden Center. It's like our Garden centers but it's the only one in Vancouver. Loots of lovely Christmas decorations and goodies. Later we dropped Dave off in the Lee Valley store while we went off to Superstore for groceries.
Driving home at sunset the clear skies were lit up all around the horizon by the setting sun. It glowed red and orange where the sun was setting and a pinky purple all around. It was so beautiful especially where the mountains showed up as silhouettes. Quite paintable!

No comments: