Tuesday August 23rd
We've only a couple of days left here in Vancouver before we return to reality. I'm not looking forward to the flight home as my knee is extremely bothersome at the moment. I don't know what I've done to upset it but it's getting pain killers, ice packs and Icy Hot ointment treatment. All summer I've been taking good care of it, and exercising it in the swimming pool each day and now it repays me by flaring up. Hope I get the better of it in the next two days or the flight is going to be excruciating in those packed seats!
Today we've finally been able to meet up with Nancy's friends Betty and Cathy. Both have been gadding about this summer as we have and today we cracked it. It's Betty's belated birthday lunch so she gets to choose where we go and surprise, surprise it's the River Rock Casino. Betty is not a committed gambler but a very lucky one. I've never known anyone win as consistently as she does.
. |
| River Rock main entrance |
River Rock has undergone some major changes since we last visited. I would think they were made for the Winter Olympics in 2011 They had begun some of them in the January of 2009 when I last came for lunch here.
 |
| Outside the Casino |
 |
| realistic waterfalls inside and outside the entrance. |
 |
| The spacious River Rock Hotel foyer. |
 |
| The Stairs have gone in favour of hugh curved escalators. |
 |
| an outsize flower arrangement on the upper level on the way to the buffet |
 |
| The luxurious outside Patio area |
 |
| one of the outside smoking areas |
 |
| view across the river |
Our lunch was delicious, a buffet, all you could eat. We started with the salad bar. Who knew there were so many salads with so many different vegetables, some I'd never heard of. The next course was roast beef, medium rare and sliced by a chef . Several different veg and potatoes. Or you could have various other meats and fish dishes cooked in different styles. Rice and pasta on offer as well. So much to choose from and taste. But wait look at the dessert bar. Even looking at it puts calories around your waist. So I won't describe it. Sorry, but mmmmm.... it was delicious. Home to rest the gammy knee and a simple plain salad for supper tonight. Too full for anything else!
No comments:
Post a Comment