Sunday, August 14, 2011

Saturday August 14th.

Another lovely cloudless sunny day. Nancy and I  head off to the pool. I realise there have never been any photos of the pool in the grounds if the Community house in the Complex. I could never remmeber to take the camera. This morning however I've remembered it.
The road entrance to the Community House.
 The pools at the rear of the Complexes Community House. Every resident of this and the surrounding three Complexes have an electric door lock tag. The pool's large for a private one, about 20 meters long. The surrounding area is concrete with plenty of loungers patio tables and chairs. There's only a small area of natural and colourful garden but several large planters packed with colourful annuals. The pools heated and covered at night to keep the heat in.
Pool and Community house.
Surrounded by mature trees and well kept lawns and gardens outside the perimeter fence. 
Entrance to Hot Tub and through to changing room, shower and sauna.
Every morning Nancy lounges. Knitting socks.
While I'm the solo swimmer. Mostly.
Generally, when the pool opens at 10am each morning I'm the only swimmer, which I like. I have to have Nancy there as shes the actual Complex Resident and also there's no Lifeguard. It's usually Nancy's insistence that gets me there every morning! It gets her some vitamin  D  in the sunshine as well. Just occasionally they'll be another guy come along to swim.

We arrive back from the mornings swim just as Nancylee arrives. We need some more gardening supplies to finish the renovated garden, Home Depot and Lee Valley are our destinations. Top soil, potting compost, mulch and some more plants for the pots are on the agenda. 

When we get back it's actually too hot to work in the garden so we lounge about in the cool of the house until the sun swings around leaving the garden shady. Action station. 'Himself' sorts the watering system while Nancylee and I  plant up the pots and the remaining garden plants and cover the second bed with a layer of mulch. Hopefully this will suppress the weeds from the second flower bed. Not too sure if we've got the mulch deep enough though. It's still hot out there in the confined space so Nancy acts as refreshment lady again.

Freshly planted and mulched.
Small evergreen azaleas, Nancy's favourite planted in the pots.
The old watering systems beyond repair so for the moment 'Himself has rigged it to be manually watered and made the tap easy to be disconnected and drained  in the winter.

No comments: