Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Scalping Day

Monday August 15th

On Sunday I decided I really did need a hair cut. It wasn't so much the length although that took much longer to  dry after swimming but the fringe that was constantly flopping over my eyes and annoyed me in the pool. 'Himself' was beginning to look like a cross between Santa Clause and Captain Birdseye! John needed a cut as well so he took' Himself' early Monday morning to an old fashion barbers in Steveston. This Barbers is so old fashioned that it doesn't like women in the shop at all. They did a good job but didn't scalp him as well as Carol does.
1st time in a Barbers chair for 20years!!!
Nancy who also needs a cut and me waited until 12noon when Nancylee collected us and took us to Lansdowne Mall where we went to another quite old fashioned Hairdressers called 'Magic Cuts.' The ladies here simply cut your hair to the style it was cut in previous. No fuss no styling just a wet cut and job done. Good job too. I only noticed later but there's just a tiny adjustment I need to make when I get hold of some scissors.
'Himself' and new 'man bag' to accommodate iPad has been wandering around. Nancylee has been sitting in a quite corner, working. She's in the middle of a teaching a short UBC post grad Course so  had some papers to appraise and make comments on.
At 1.30 we all met up at Gingeri for Dim Sum, including John, after his Hot Yoga session. Back home after a delicious lunch, the rest of the day was a just a quite restful afternoon. 

No comments: