Hi Friends and Family.
It's Thursday 27th September
I decided to embrace technology and blog my journal this adventure. You can read it , or not,
you decide!
The Journey. Our journey to Heathrow in Seans new car was comfortable and uneventful. We decided to forgo our usual coffee stop and just had a brief comfort stop at South Mimms. This proved to be a good decision as the traffic on the M25 was heavy and slow moving, taking a good half hour longer to do it.
Terminal 1 at Hearthrow is large, confusing and uninviting. We've always gone from terminal 4 on previous flights. We checked our luggage in quickly with no problems and said our goodbyes to Sean. Passing through security quickly and proceeded to the Heathrow shopping experience. Our only purchase here was 4 bottles of Laurent Perrier Champagne then on to Cafe Nero for a large frothy Cappachino and a sandwich shared I with Dave before we wandered through the rest of the shops to the departure lounge
The flight is just under 9 hours. Luckily on this journey there were plenty of empty seats. So we spread out. Dave reading his numerous newspapers he collected. Including freebies from the airport! I tried to read but found it trying as I couldn't find my reading glasses. The sound on my headphones was rubbish so I moved seats and watched Richard E Grant in 'Withnail and I' then listened to Phillip Serrel reading his audio book.
Thick cloud for most of the flight meant there wasn't any interesting landscape to view 35,000ft below us.
Vancouver. The airport is light, clean, modern and littered with imposing 'First Nation' carvings The walk from the plane was carpeted and the lineup for the uniformed, heavily badged, Custom Officers reasonably short. We had filled a declaration form in on the plane so it didn't take long. Just as well as I'd just smuggled in 2 bottles of Single Malt whiskey tucked in the middle of the luggage!
Nancy and Nancylee were waiting for us beyond the baggage consoles and after emotional welcome hugs we rode home to Nancy's in style once more. A stretch limo is probably the only car that would transport us and our copious luggage! It's raining uggh.
After a much needed cup of tea I unpacked some of our luggage before we drive to a lovely Seafood restaurant for a meal. John was with us now as we had picked him up from Nancylees home on the way.
Some of the new buildings on the way are very impressive. The new Ice rink for the 2010 winter Olympics Is spectacular and it's not yet finished.
No Photos yet to upload but I expect there will soon be quite a few!!!
Friday Morning 28th September
I didn't sleep as well. My body clock decided I needed to get up at 3am but I decided it was wrong and eventually got off to sleep again. On getting up at just before 7am I was greeted my Sam who had decided that I was no longer a threat to him and we made friends. Toby wasn't having it though and shot off to hide.
Well the sky's clear and the suns coming out. I wonder what the day will hold. Ok breakfast time . I'll tell you later.
2 comments:
Very enjoyable Monica, as usual! You will have to show me how to make a blog on your return. I am impressed.
Nanny,
I read you blog hehe!!
hope you have fun and say hey to nancy, nancylee and john for me please!!
Stephanie
Post a Comment