Nancy Lee picked us up early and we drove across Vancouver City and over the Lions Gate bridge spanning the Fraser river into West Vancouver to the Park Royal Shopping Mall.
I found a new pair of Winter shoes, Ecco and at a compareable price and several new tops. I'm afraid Dave never got to look at new shirts!! But I expect he will before too long. He wandered off on his own several times in to shops more suited to him, like the Future Shop.
We had several coffee breaks and a nice lunch so shopping wasn't too tiring. One tea break at Starbucks we were accosted by a very curious old lady who was intrigued by the dynamics of our little group and bombarded us with questions.
The weather forecasters were right unfortunately. It was raining when we left the Mall.

This is one of the new glass buildings going up in Down Town Vancouver. There are quite a few new developments in progress since we were here two years ago. Allot of preparation for the Winter Olympics to be held here in 2010.
The logo for these Olympics is the Inuckshuk a Inuit group of stones that is a symbol for Welcome. I must say It makes our 2012 logo look rubbish.
This Inukshuk is at Whistler and I took this photograph when we came in 2005. This will be where the snow sports will be held
INUKSHUK
An Inuit word that literally translated means "Stone man that points the way." can be found through out Northern Canada from Baffin Island to Victoria. The purpose of the Inukshuk was to show direction and guide the way, the Inukshuk has been adopted today as a symbol to remind us of our dependence on each other and the value of strong relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment