Well it's been a beautiful day. Sunshine all the way. Bad news though, the weather forecast is for rain, rain and more rain. Dave suggested we go and buy wellies!
So what have we done today. Well after a stop at the store that hires tuxedos to get Dave kitted out for Nancylee's wedding we headed off for a brief trip up to the UBC campus (University of British Columbia) and then to Granville Island, one of my favourite places over here.
So what have we done today. Well after a stop at the store that hires tuxedos to get Dave kitted out for Nancylee's wedding we headed off for a brief trip up to the UBC campus (University of British Columbia) and then to Granville Island, one of my favourite places over here.
It's not really an Island but a peninsular that juts out into False Creek. After a pleasant lunch in the Keg bar we wandered around the Market and a few of the craft stores. We must find time for another trip there. Its such a fascinating place.
Dave Fancy's buying one of these yachts. Some hopes! maybe if we win the lottery!!! As I said some hopes!!!!
How about one of these instead. More in our price bracket!
An appointment at the Anna's Cakes in East Vancouver to sort out the hiring of a cake stand drag us away from Granville. Before we leave I buy some Chinese Egg Custard tarts for Dave He loves them
On the way home Nancylee suggested we stop at the Lee Valley Store. One of Dave's favourite places. It sells TOOLS what else!!!
Well as much as I didn't really want to stop at this store I wonder who bought stuff. OK it was me! Well this box of 36 Faber-Castelle Aquarelle water soluble crayons were only $29.99 so they really beckoned to me and so did this nifty trowel for the garden mine is all bent and buckled
Between 4 and 5 o'clock Jet lag kicks in again its bed time in England and my feet are also swelling reminding me to drink more water. We've been out all day and I definitely haven't had sufficient fluid!
Out to dinner again soon. A Chinese restaurant this time. At this rate I'll come home with the five stone I've lost back on!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment