So, not an auspicious start to the blog in 2015. It's the 12th already and there have been a dearth of entries since New Years Eve.
I'll try to catch up with a quick synopsis...
 |
| Christmas Light at Capilano Suspension Bridge and Canyon. |
 |
| Happy NewYear. |
New years day is not too bad weather wise. The rain has cleared for once. We have a quite day then go out in the evening over to the North Shore in North Vancouver to The Capilano Canyon. Since we were there in 2011 there has been a cliff walk that curves out from the cliff rock face and is suspended over the Canyon. At Christmas the suspension bridge , the tree top walk way, the cliff walk and many of the ancient trees including the worlds highest and oldest Christmas tree and decorated in millions of bright colourful lights.
We reasoned that being post Christmas and New Years day there would not be too many people wanting to see the attraction. Wrong. The place was heaving. A very helpful Parking Attendant directed us to parking away from the full car parks but much closer to the entrance for me. Eventually we entered the park, the line up moved quite fast and efficiently. We headed first for the Suspension bridge. I have walked this bridge several times before.
 |
| The bridge in daylight. Swings and sways a bit but not too nerve racking. |
 |
| The bridge lit up for Christmas |
 |
| The Tree tops Adventure takes quite a bit of nerve and energy. |
 |
| Dave up in the Trees. |
Well I thought I've done this before so I can do this again. Wrong. The sheen amount of people on the bridge made it bounce and sway alarmingly. So me with a walking stick and ropy joints had difficulty maintaining any balance. Five yards onto the bridge I was grasping the high two inch thick wire rope that tops the high protecting sides of the bridge and thinking "What the hell am I doing, OK give in be sensible. I can't do this" I turned back and staggered back up the steep swinging wooden steps back to the comfort of solid ground. Dave and Nancy went on after I had assured them I was OK.
 |
| The Trading Post (or Gift shop). |
I whiled away the time by wandering around the site admiring the lights. I wandered through the gift shop and through to a large polythene tent erected in a space on the edge of the cliff near the entrance to the new cliff walkway. The tent was a space for refreshments, for a family photo opportunity and for children to do some creative stuff. I warmed myself up with a hot chocolate Baileys. Just the drink for a cold night.
 |
After Dave and Nancy returned from their Canyon adventure they too warmed up with a Chocolate Baileys. |
I took quite a few photos but unfortunately my camera was not up to the unusual lighting conditions.
The next two days went fast but we didn't do very much. The rain was back. A rainy shopping trip out at a Mall near White Rock found me in Penningtons trying on clothes with Nancy Lee running about the shop fetching outfits she thought I should try on. I eventually bought some tops then put a stop to more modeling! It's just too exhausting now days!!
On the on the 4th we went across Vancouver to Oakridge Shopping Mall. We've been several times before but this time the Mall had been rejuvenated and had gone upmarket. There were some very classy shops there now.
 |
| The roof has been raised and a glass roof added . It's now al light and airy place to shop. |
 |
| There are plenty of comfortable seating areas to rest and gossip. |
 |
| Tasteful Christmas decorations. |
 |
| and tasteful shops! |
No comments:
Post a Comment