Monday, January 12, 2015

Granville again on a Foggy Day

The fog over the City is really thick this morning. It's January the 8th and there's a warm high from the west and the parcific. It's overcoming the Arctic blast from the North. That Arctic Low has dumped many feet of snow all around us. North East and South. Vancouver with it's closer City suburbs have been missed completely.
As we drive through the outskirts of Vancouver  we can suddenly see the Mountain tops bathed in sunlight while lower in the Valley, Downtown Vancouver is covered in Fog. Granville Island is Misty but not too cold. It's lunch time when we arrive as Nancy Lee had to spend the morning online with her Classes work. We were going to 'The Sand Bar' a popular eating place under the Bridges constructed from converted a warehouse but we decided to try a different place called Edible Canada. It serves simple but really well cooked local Canadian foods. I have a wild mushroom omlette. It's excellent. 

'Edible Canada' in another industrial building.

My wild mushroom omelette with greens.
Dave with his seasonal doppleganger!
After lunch we all split up and explore in separate areas. Nancy and I go to an area where we haven't explored much before. But first I have a mooch around Opus the art store for the Emily Carr University students. I haven't done any painting or drawing for a while now.(Too busy knitting instead!!!)

The concrete works with silos covered in contemporary art work by a celebrated Brazillian Artist.


part of the Emily Carr University of Art and Design.
One of the several Micro Craft Breweries and Distilleries that have located here.
Always have to visit the Net Loft.
Lovely individual independent stores.
A rather fuzzy photo of an alleyway in the Net Loft.
The models strange but the screen silk printed garment is faboulous.
I bought a pair of silver earring that will go with my Christmas necklace.
Nancy Lee and Dave in a Bookshop!
We've been to this place on the Burrard Inlet many times over the years It's a place that never fails to interest  and intrigue us. There are still places here that we've never explored yet. This time I notice there are several new shops that have replaced ones that have disappeared.

No comments: